Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Move and the Mexicans

Hello friends!

I apologise in advance for the super short letter today, but I have a good excuse! Today we made the journey literally halfway across the country into the land of Burgess Hill to take driving test number 3. I'm here to tell you that I passed...indeed! I was super nervous, but my prayers and fasting combined with other missionaries and yours did the trick. Definitely a testimony builder. As a matter of fact, I had several experiences this week that strengthened my testimony...I hope they'll strengthen yours as well.

We had the big move this week, from the Staines house to our new flat in Sunbury. This occupied the majority of our time, so we hardly had any time to do any finding. Nevertheless, the Lord helped us to plan effectively as to allow us to keep our area alive. And we were blessed abundantly! That divine help alone was also a testimony builder. 

We are still teaching Dan, the 18 year old legend. We hope to baptize him before his friend leaves on his mission to Rome, and then send him out on a mission as well. He's super solid, so keep him in your prayers!

We are teaching a family! They are solid and we love them for many reasons. 1. They are Mexican...you don't find many here in England. 2. They are extremely solid and they've been prepared by the Lord. 3. They live on the same road that the Staines house is on...where we just moved from. Crazy, right? We showed them the First Vision video and the Spirit it brought nearly knocked the house down. I can't recall another time where I've felt the Spirit as strongly as I felt it that night in that house. After the video I looked up and saw one of the sons with tears in his eyes. I assure you that the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is real and Joseph Smith is a prophet. He saw God and Jesus Christ. They spoke to him. And the church they have established on the earth is this very church we get to be a part of. That's just the truth. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Pray for the Juerta family! We're gonna baptize them!

Farewell from Elder Thomas and The Baum! Love you!

Love, Elder Thomas

ELSM


Legal!

The Indian folks who came to the trunk or treat

Super cool spiritual thought with the Holt family

Watch out... there's a Baum in my car



No comments:

Post a Comment