Tuesday, October 13, 2015

This week was sick!

Hey Guys!

First of all, sorry for the delayed email! This week is the end of my first transfer, so people are moving this week. Since moves are on Tuesday, it's our P day. So don't worry, I'm alive! Luckily neither of us were moved because we are opening a new area. 

This week was totally sick! I say that because the temperature here has totally dropped, so the other three elders in the flat have been sick, and I wasn't! But right when I thought I was safe it got me, so I've been sick this week...it's been a crazy one! Some days I would wake up and just stay in bed and not talk to anybody because I felt so crappy...but you just gotta throw yourself out of bed and get to work, which is what I did! It's been a tough week, but at the same time it's been amazing. We kept working hard and great things have happened because of it.

We finally moved into our new flat! It took a whole transfer to do it. Of course moving day is Saturday, so that's when we moved in. We had to pack all our stuff in the senior couple's car, which is really small. But guess who has a bed? I've never slept so well in my life...way better than a hardwood floor. The flat is big and super awesome. Nice and clean. We didn't have any food for the first couple days though because we left what we had in the Didcot flat...it was rough. So we decided to fast on Sunday (not that we had a choice)! But of course we were blessed because of it.

Remember that family in our ward who prayed for Teasel Way for us to knock? So we've been going there everyday to work, and we've got 6 new investigators in the last 5 days. There's a family of 4 living on Teasel Way and they are very interested in the gospel. The mother is Buddhist and the Father grew up Catholic, but they say that this Gospel makes more sense to them. We are teaching them again today, and we plan to baptize them in 3 weeks. Then one day we were going to see one of our other investigators (the guy who walked down Teasel Way) but it turns out he gave us a fake address. We asked a lady if she knew where his house was and somehow we ended up teaching her! She and her daughter are also interested and we hope to baptize them next month as well. We have faith that they are ready! As you can see, the Lord is directing this work. Our companionship definitely has a third member.

We had zone training with the mission president on Thursday, and he is an absolute animal. I know I say that about everybody, but he's so awesome! He told us to be bold when we are contacting, declaring who we are and the message we have. I wasn't really a fan at first because I tend to talk to people for a bit and then give them the message...I want people to know that I'm just a normal kid from Utah with a special message. But I realized that I'm not here to talk to people, I'm here to invite others to come unto Christ, and the best way to do that is by being bold! I tried it. It was nerve racking at first but I got the hang of it. Elder Raveneau and I fear no man! We talk to everybody. A guy started yelling and swearing at us one day, so we walked right up to him. He swore at me a few times and then he was surprised by our response, we literally killed him with kindness! Turns out he's actually a pretty nice guy. Name's Jim.

So I started ponderizing a scripture this week. Mine is 3rd Nephi 5:13. I put it as my screensaver so I see it all he time and it comes in handy when I need something to think about. I'm going to start doing that, with a new scripture every week. I'm excited to try it! 

Great things are happening in this mission. I strive to exercise faith everyday, be exactly obedient, and pray always. I know as I do that miracles will happen! Until next week! 

Love, Elder Thomas

Photos of my new flat in Witney:

My bed!

Elder Raveneau brushing his teeth

Kitchen

Study

Selfie

Other room


No comments:

Post a Comment