Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Best Kind of Service and On the Road Again

Hey there, folks!

Wow...what a ride! This week was insane. And, of course, stupidly fast at the same time. We are already at the end of another transfer and nearly a year has come and gone since I left the promised land. I love working alongside such devoted fellow warriors like my companion and others in the mission.

My short, blessed time in Bournemouth has come to a close. President called last week and asked me to serve as a zone leader in the Staines Zone. I accepted, though I must admit I was a bit nervous and excited at the same time. Zone Leader will be a very stretching position for me, but I have inquired of the Lord and He told me that this is where He wants me to be. So that news put a new spin on the rest of the week. We were rushing frantically trying to get things done and get packed and teach people at the same time. I loved my time in Bournemouth though! But I will now be expected to drive a car here in England. I just barely arrived in Whitton after a 3 hour train journey from the coast. My new companion is Elder Senkans from Latvia. He's a real Viking! Excited to work with him. I've learned a lot from Elder Gilbert in the last 6 weeks.

Top moments of the week:
-some solid service
-really sunny
-zone conference in Poole
-exchange with Elder Mccombs from West Jordan. He finishes this week.
-special musical number hymn #98 at the sisters' baptism
-had one last Spanish conversation
-got moved

Did some great service this week. Bishop Birch's family called on Monday with an emergency: their freezer door had been left open, causing their food to have defrosted, and they needed us to help them eat it all. No problem! So we cruised over and helped eat their food along with 2 other families. We don't mind that kind of service at all. One of the many things I've learned in Bournemouth is how to eat!

Other service we did involved laying outdoor tiles in 90 degree weather, moving furniture from a third floor, and helping some non-members move into their new house. Not only does service break up the hours of finding time, but it also seems to give substance to my soul. I'm sure you know what I mean, but service is the best!

I've had some extra fire in my bones this week because we had tri-zone conference in Poole. President delivered a very moving message there that stirred my heart. He told a story of a young man who had regrets on his mission but he couldn't go back and fix it. It made me want to work my heart out every single day so I can stand blameless before God at the last day. I don't want any dirt on me! With that in mind, I will give everybody the opportunity to hear this blessed restored gospel. I won't be restrained!

I love this mission and am touched that the Lord allowed me to come here. It's time for a shoutout to all the missionaries going home tomorrow. A lot of them have made a difference in my development and the course of my mission. They've been superstars. Special shoutout to Elder Wagaman, I love that Elder. Missions are golden years!

Love you all, have a good week!

Love, Elder Thomas


ELSM


Saying bye to Josh Williams, member

Saying bye to the chapel

Bye Elder Louder and Elder Mccombs

Hello Elder Senkans!

No comments:

Post a Comment